Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets help to relieve mild to moderate pain, and help reduce body temperature, so you can go through your day. It is an analgesic remedy that works to help provide immediate relief and work at the source of the pain.
How to take Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets:
- Adults: 1-2 tablets, which may be repeated every 4-6 hours. Do not take more than 8 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Children (6-12 years): half - 1 tablet. Do not give your child more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
- If you are elderly and have a damaged liver your doctor will usually prescribe you a lower dose.
- Do not give to children under 6 years unless your doctor has told you to.
Paracetamol 500mg tablets
Co-Codamol Tablets should not be taken by children under the age of 12. Do not take this product if you are allergic to paracetamol, codeine, or any of the other listed ingredients. This product can affect your ability to drive, as it can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Do not attempt to drive or use tools or machinery until you are sure that you are not affected in this way. Do not take Co-Codamol Tablets if you:
- Are under the age of 18 and have had your tonsils or adenoids removed due to obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
- You know that you metabolise codeine into morphine very rapidly
- You are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed